Terms & Conditions
A Purchase Order or written confirmation must be received by Network Languages prior to project commencement.
Costs submitted are estimates and should be confirmed upon sight of final copy, layout and receipt of discs. All prices are valid for a period of 60 days and are subject to sight of final copy, layout and successful test of any disks supplied.
Translation costs are based on estimated words and may vary according to the actual number of words.
Whilst Network Languages uses its best endeavours to provide true and accurate translation of the original English copy (translation is not copywriting), Network Languages will not be responsible for any mistranslations resulting from errors in the client’s source document. We highly recommend that all translations are fully checked and reviewed by your overseas representatives prior to proceeding with publication. Any comments or queries have to be made within 14 days of receipt of the translation or it will be deemed that the translation has been accepted.
With translations intended for overseas publication, it is our experience that stylistic adjustments to translated copy are often requested in order to match exact market requirements in the target country.
Copyright in the translation shall at all times remain vested in, and the sole property of, Network Languages Ltd. Immediately upon receipt by Network Languages Ltd of payment in full of the translation fee, as set out in the Invoice(s), copyright shall be deemed to vest in the Customer, except for copyright in the translation of any work (”Work”) already acknowledged to reside in the public domain, whereupon, such copyright in the translation shall continue to remain the sole property of Network Languages. All translation memories (also known as TMs) remain the property of Network Languages Ltd unless there is a written agreement between the Customer and Network Languages Ltd prior to commencement of the work that these translation memories will be delivered to the Customer in addition to any translation which is included in the work.
Any preliminary work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at the customer’s request shall be charged. A charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied by the customer is not clear and legible.
Proofs of all work will be submitted for the customer’s approval. Network Languages shall not be liable for any errors not corrected by the customer on these proofs. Any client amendments and additional proofs necessitated thereby will be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to the discretion of Network Languages, any client amendments to this will be charged extra.
Costs are exclusive of author’s corrections, unless otherwise stated.
Print costs are subject to material prices ruling at the time of order.
Unless otherwise stated, costs are exclusive of courier or delivery charges.
Costs are exclusive of VAT. VAT will be charged extra if applicable.
All invoices must be paid within our agreed payment terms – for administrative convenience and without prejudice to the above we will adopt the following course of action:
1. It will be assumed that all invoices will normally be paid within 28 days of the date of issue of the invoice
2. If payment is not received within 60 days of the date of issue of the invoice, interest of 10% p.a. may be added to the total sum outstanding with a minimum charge of £10 plus VAT to cover administrative costs.
3. No orders will be accepted from any client with outstanding invoices over 90 days old
4. Where a credit limit has been fixed, any work, whether completed or not, in our possession at the time that limit is exceeded or subsequently coming into our possession may be retained until such time as the outstanding balance is once again less than the limit.
5. We reserve the right to place any overdue debts in the hands of a debt collection agency, at which point debt collection charges may be added to the debt. We reserve the right to change our Terms and Conditions at any time and the version currently in force replaces all previous versions.