Network Languages Environmental Policy
NETWORK LANGUAGES LTD recognises that its business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have an impact in the key areas of:
- Raw material use;
- Energy use;
NETWORK LANGUAGES LTD recognises that it has a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever it has an opportunity to do so, be a responsible neighbour and to provide a comfortable environment for its employees to work in.
As such, NETWORK LANGUAGES LTD is committed to:
- Reducing the consumption of resources through the use of electronic media
- Considering the environmental impact of our purchasing decisions and to purchase from environmentally aware suppliers where possible
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources
- Minimising the use of energy through engaging our staff to ensure that all equipment and lighting is used economically and switched off when not in use.
- Encouraging our staff to think of ways that they too can help in protecting the environment both at work and at home
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Complying with applicable legal requirements
NETWORK LANGUAGES LTD will achieve these commitments through the following means:
- The implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2004.
- Employing processes that identify the aspects of the Company’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect.
- Setting objectives for reducing its environmental impact and maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable them to be achieved.
- Ensuring that its employees, suppliers and customers are aware of any support required by them to support the Company’s commitments and environmental objectives.
- Training its employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives.
- Continually monitoring the environmental impact of its business activities.
The implementation of this Environmental Policy is fundamental to the success of NETWORK LANGUAGES LTD’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.
This policy is publicly available to interested parties upon request.